Apptio IT Benchmarking
Compare your unit costs, cost ratios and KPIs to industry peers to validate your performance. Identify cost outliers to focus your investigation into data quality and cost improvement efforts. Benchmark internally over time and between platforms, data centers, geographies and other factors to support rationalization decisions.
VP Information Technology
Benchmarking Software-as-a-Service with Powerful Analytics and Reporting
For the cost of many point-in-time benchmarking projects, Apptio IT Benchmarking provides a systematic approach to benchmarking your IT costs and other metrics throughout the year. Always have up-to-date industry peer comparisons to help you focus your cost reduction, performance improvement, and budget justification efforts.
Apptio IT Benchmarking arms your team with cloud-based analytics, continually updated with industry cost and performance benchmarks and normalized cost drivers for apples-to-apples comparisons.
Apptio IT Benchmarking Can Help You:
- Empower your tower owners, data center managers and service owners to identify cost and performance optimization targets and track improvement over time.
- Easily compare unit costs between internal groups, external peers, and alternative service providers, including cloud options.
- Support fact-based conversations with your business partners about investments and spending, addressing any concern that you’re too expensive.
- Determine why your unit costs are out of alignment with benchmarks.
- Build and sustain data-driven IT performance improvements.
Apptio IT Benchmarking works with Apptio IT Service Costing to give you credible, up-to-date, fully-burdened unit cost comparisons whenever you need them.
Capabilities and Value
Up-to-Date Industry Metrics
- Find truly comparable benchmarks by relying on Apptio’s warehouse collected from over 3,400 companies spanning 23 major industry segments—all updated on a regular basis.
- Assess more than just internal unit costs with benchmarks that encompass IT spend ratios (e.g., spend as a % of revenues), infrastructure metrics (e.g., administrators per server), service KPIs, and the costs of third-party providers.
- Compare against your own benchmarks such as data from third parties (e.g., OPEC IT benchmarks) or use internal baselines for holistic comparisons.
Cloud-Based, Self-Service Analytics and Reporting
- Empower your IT service/product/tower owners to make comparisons when they need to make better decisions.
- Understand cost relationships better by comparing multiple cost and service metrics in a single view.
- Solve complex problems by slicing, analyzing, and reporting data by department, location, vendor, platform or other dimensions.
Information Freshness and Trending
- Make the right decisions by using current costs and metrics—Apptio models and reports your costs on a regular basis throughout the year.
- Reduce the effort in benchmarking through enterprise-grade automation—no more relying on outmoded spreadsheets.
- Track progress against your goals with built-in trend reporting.
Get Started Today
Enable your entire IT organization to leverage a cloud-based analytics application to measure, monitor, and track cost and performance improvements over-time.