Cloud Business Management
Realize the Economic Benefits of Cloud Computing
Exploit private and public cloud computing to reduce your technology costs and improve agility. Apptio helps you do this by enabling the following types of decisions and actions:
- Encourage adoption of your private cloud by communicating the cost advantages to skeptical internal consumers.
- Identify opportunities to consolidate vendors by analyzing spend and usage data across multiple public cloud providers.
- Choose the most cost-effective sourcing options by modeling the true total cost of your services, including any retained costs associated with public cloud services.
- Drive accountability for consumption by providing consumption-based billing or reporting to the consumers of your cloud services and infrastructure.
- Recover the cost of your private cloud by charging back for consumption similar to how public providers charge.
- Identify potentially inefficient services and applications by modeling the consumption of fixed capacity resources such as data center space, power and cooling, and Internet bandwidth.
- Match investments in cloud capacity to business demand by translating anticipated service volumes into accurate resource plans.
- Optimize public cloud contract terms such as reserved instances by profiling your utilization and assessing the cost of spare capacity and utilization trends.
Whether you are exploring public cloud options to reduce costs, investing in a private cloud to improve business agility, or creating a hybrid cloud strategy, you can lean on Apptio’s proven experience with both cloud providers and enterprise IT organizations.