Apptio IT Planning
Budget for your services, technology towers and projects and translate budgeted amounts into general ledger and cost center figures with ease. Collaborate internally and with business leaders to define resource and funding requirements to support business objectives. Enable your IT budget owners, decision makers, and finance to calculate and manage your services-based unit demand with your budget and forecast.
Streamline Budgeting and Forecasting to Get Real Value from Your Planning
Apptio IT Planning consists of two interconnected modules: Apptio Budget and Forecast and Apptio Demand & Resource Planning. Together, these help you assess your business demand for IT services, translate demand into a resource plan, and develop a budget that more accurately reflects business needs.
Our application give you advantages that other approaches cannot:
Unlike spreadsheets, Apptio IT Planning provides an enterprise scale solution for gathering input from your business partners and departments, provide near-instantaneous aggregation of budget and demand amounts, and streamline the planning process.
Apptio has been deployed by leading companies in every industry and on every continent, from medium-sized businesses to global enterprises. Not only is Apptio built to scale, we have the know-how to make you successful.
Apptio IT Planning works the way you need it to, not the other way around. With Apptio, you can automate many aspects of your current planning process. If needed, you can also evolve your planning process with Apptio.
Unlike many point solutions, Apptio IT Planning automates both your operating and capital budgeting process, covering everything from software and hardware to services and labor.
Built for Imperfect Data
Unlike many repurposed technologies that require perfect data, Apptio IT Planning was built to consume and improve raw, imperfect data.
Apptio Budget and Forecast
Apptio Budget and Forecast gives you and your budget owners an automated budget consolidation system to save time, reduce the financial planning churn, and get you out of the spreadsheet nightmare that can bog you down.
Apptio helps you bridge the gap between your general ledger (GL) views of budget and spending and the services view you need. Budget owners can directly enter line-item budgets in a spreadsheet-like interface, update forecasts, and track variances at both the GL and IT service level. Both Finance and IT leaders can develop and report on a services-based budget, a key ingredient for aligning IT spending to your critical services and priorities.
Capabilities and Value
- Improve budget cycle efficiency with centralized budgeting, forecasting, and variance tracking across labor, operational expenses, and capital expenditures — annually and monthly.
- Align spending to your business priorities by budgeting at the GL level and translating those amounts to your services portfolio. With accurate and timely budget-to-actual and budget-to-forecast reporting, your IT and business leaders can quickly respond to variances.
- Increase collaboration and accuracy with budget variance alerts, interactive real-time views into variances, and the ability to comment on budget and forecast line items and help your budget owners and finance teams to stay aligned.
- Automate financial reporting by tracking budgets vs. actuals vs. forecast over time through integrated financial reporting.
- Simplify your planning conversation: by budgeting based on IT services and providing your business units a way to discuss and inform IT budgets before they are locked.
Apptio Demand & Resource Planning
Apptio Demand & Resource Planning helps you manage both the demand and supply side of your IT service equation. To assess demand, Apptio gives your business partners the ability to enter their projected demand for your list of services.
To manage supply, Apptio enables your IT service owners to decompose the aggregated demand for their services into units and resources (e.g., hardware, software, labor) through a powerful service hierarchy (depicted through a visual model). This allows your service owners to anticipate their resource requirements, stay one step ahead of their business partners, and meet demand without unnecessary overprovisioning of resources or missing commitments due to procurement delays.
Capabilities and Value
- Align spending to your IT services and priorities by collecting demand estimates in real time from your business partners via a cloud-based, demand planning interface.
- More accurately forecast business demand by analyzing the monthly average number of service units requested by each business unit.
- Match resource capacity to service demand through an aggregated view across all of your services. Apptio lists every service offered, the anticipated resource demand for each month, and your current resource inventories.
- Understand how service demand translates into resource requirements by showing service and resource owners the cost and capacity impacts on infrastructure, capital or labor resources that compose requested services.
- Determine the right amount of capacity to have on hand for each service by comparing expected demand to remaining resource inventories, including resources in procurement and resources being decommissioned.
- Give your business partners insight into their expected costs by providing pro forma bills based on their anticipated demand and showing them the impact of their service choices on the plan.
Get Started Quickly
Improving how you perform your annual planning can be daunting, but Apptio can help you get started today.