In partnership with
Technology Strategy Summit 2022
Unlock business value from every technology investment
London | 17 October
Shangri La at the Shard
Register for the Technology Strategy Summit
The global pandemic accelerated technology trends that began well before COVID.
Growing consumption and usage of cloud, the shift from waterfall to agile development, and the change to product-centric funding models have fueled unprecedented digital transformation.
Harvard Business Review reports 82% of business leaders have increased their investment in digital initiatives, with McKinsey identifying the top 10% of companies are evaluating portfolio opportunities and reallocating budget on a monthly basis.
With organizations adopting an increasingly diverse set of technologies and practices that legacy tools and processes can no longer address, it’s getting harder for business leaders to understand how to optimize their technology portfolio and resources to create value and business growth.
Technology-fueled innovation is critical to business strategy, however visibility into technology assets and resources, and alignment between IT, finance, and other business leaders has never been more complex.
- Measure and demonstrate the business value of technology investments by mapping IT assets and resources to business outcomes.
- Accelerate planning and make real-time data-driven decisions to capitalize on market opportunities.
- Operationalise FinOps resources and processes that continuously align cloud financial management decisions to key business objectives, like speed, cost and quality.
- Drive organizational alignment, transparency, and accountability into technology consumption across IT, Finance and the business.
Full agenda and speakers to be confirmed soon.
|10:00||TBM Executive Primer – An intro to Technology Business Management (optional session)|
|13:30||Interactive keynotes, real-life examples, and an interactive roundtable with speakers from Technology Business Management Council and other industry experts.|
Optional Educational Session:
The Technology Business Management (TBM) for Cloud Primer is a short 2-hour introduction to applying TBM principles and tools to public cloud services. The course is designed to help organizations understand how public cloud adoption impacts the cost of delivering solutions to their business partners or to consumers through digital applications. Discover how TBM and FinOps practices collaborate on key outcomes such as unit cost optimization, consumption management, and TCO reduction.
TBM program leaders, FinOps professionals, CIOs and CFOs should consider this course as part of a comprehensive approach for driving organizational adoption of business management practices and disciplines across both public cloud or hybrid environments. The course teaches:
- The unique financial and operational characteristics of public cloud services
- How public cloud services impact the corporate financial statements (e.g., income statement, balance sheet)
- How CFOs and finance leaders need to embrace public cloud models and create optimal ways to consume them and control their costs
- How public cloud services impact application, service, and product TCO, including how they impact a TBM cost model
- How public cloud services relate to the standard TBM taxonomy, which defines a common vernacular across finance, technology, and line-of-business leaders