- Consolidate unit demand from IT service consumers.
- Establish IT service-based budgets with equitable and justifiable cost allocations.
- Set unit prices based on forecasted service costs and volumes.
You are here
Align IT service budgets to business demand to maximize efficiency and competitiveness.
Control service costs
and motivate operational efficiency by competing with external services.
and transition IT from cost-center operating model to revenue model.
while pivoting IT services quickly to support business priorities.
We get tremendous value from IT Planning Foundation today by automating resource budgets and forecasts. And we are blown away by the planning capabilities coming next. Projects and services are central to running our budgets, so we're eager to use the new apps to improve how we allocate resources and show planned capital and operational costs to the business.
Director of Finance, Information Management, CHRISTUS Health
- Budget for service direct and indirect (allocated) costs.
- Forecast indirect costs by volume (driver based) or % allocation.
- Manage to a cost recovery P&L with visibility into transfer costs and chargebacks.
- Support actual to plan variance explanations (for cost, volume, unit price).
- Forecast changes in demand and adjust resources quickly.
- Forecast service chargebacks and cost recovery.
- Model different service pricing strategies (fixed price, cost recovery, hybrid).
- Evaluate different demand/cost/pricing scenarios to determine impact on consumers.
Apptio Service Demand Planning is made for you
Establish planning agility, predictability, and accountability for service budgets.
Plan entire project lifecycles by factoring multi-year run costs into IT service pricing.
Increase service owners' budget autonomy and accountability.
Apps & Services
Align service budgets and resource allocations to business demand.
Evaluate pricing strategies by forecasting chargebacks and cost recovery.
Dynamically adjust service resourcing and pricing as demand fluctuates.
Office of the CIO
Accelerate the transition of IT from cost center to services orientation.
Improve BU relationship with defensible service pricing and predictable service costs.
Establish the economic value of IT services with a P&L view of service financials.