- View IT costs in single, consolidated system for IT financials.
- Establish overall IT budgets inclusive of project investments.
- Import existing project resource plans and schedules from PPM tools.
You are here
Plan the full financial lifecycle of IT projects across investment and operational budgets.
Create a single source of truth
to track "run" and "grow" IT spend in one view.
Manage full lifecycle project costs
with visibility across both build and run phases.
Understand project financial impact
by tracking and forecasting costs against IT budgets and resources.
One of the primary challenges we face in IT financial planning is creating a single view of our investments across resources, services, and innovation. Today, for instance, we can't provide a combined view of operational and investment costs for both projects and services.
Director of Finance, Information Management, CHRISTUS Health
- Plan the costs and resources needed for single and multi-year projects, including capital and run costs.
- Incorporate multi-year project run costs into IT service pricing.
- Incorporate project carryover costs into subsequent fiscal years.
- Model the impact of varying project scenarios.
- Forecast direct and indirect project costs.
- Track the impact of project changes on IT budgets, shared resources, and project spend burn-rate.
- Forecast labor costs using hours and labor rates.
- Forecast amortization for capital investments.
Apptio Project Financial Planning is made for you
Establish planning agility, predictability, and accountability for projects
Increase project owners' budget autonomy and accountability
Deliver accurate IT project budgets and forecasts, including CapEx, OpEx, build, and run
Align IT project resourcing to business priorities and IT strategy
Identify and allocate resources for projects with clarity on budget implications
Manage the full financial lifecycle of projects across both build and run phases
Office of the CIO
Put innovation dollars to best use, with full transparency into long-term run costs
Improve BU satisfaction and project accountability with budget transparency
Establish accurate overall IT budgets inclusive of project investments