Apptio Cost Transparency
Optimize cost. Invest for growth.
Apptio Cost Transparency automates analysis of your available IT cost data so you can quickly uncover insights to drive business value.
Make informed decisions from a single system of record.
Demonstrate IT value with terms the business understands.
Proactively manage IT spend to budget
- Manage variance in the context of major areas of IT spend like software, hardware, and internal/external labor.
- Identify spending trends and the specific line items and cost center owners that are driving variances.
- Monitor OpEx and CapEx variance and your mix of fixed versus variable costs.
Make informed staffing decisions
- Manage hiring of internal and external labor against plan.
- Understand and compare average monthly cost of staff across geographies and role types.
- Identify outliers to responsibly shift internal/external labor mix or change hiring plans.
Understand infrastructure costs and trends
- See what’s driving infrastructure costs across network, compute, storage, and data center assets.
- Monitor how much infrastructure cost goes to supporting applications.
- Understand how infrastructure costs break down across internal and external labor, software, hardware, and facility/power costs.
Prioritize public cloud decisions
- Provide trade-offs to the business to better align project and application investments to business initiatives.
- In business terms, explain where project costs are going across each BU.
- Quantify how much IT spend is going toward run costs vs. growth investments and projects.
Drive shared accountability of IT costs with the business
- In business language, explain what each BU is getting for its IT dollars and what they can do to impact bottom line costs.
- Align IT projects and investments to business initiatives and sponsors.
- Identify cost outliers by benchmarking IT spend per employee across BUs.
Manage the application portfolio for business value
- Quantify the business value your applications deliver by tying cost to business drivers (e.g. cost per web visitor, order, etc.).
- Know the cost of your top 20 applications and how they break down across run versus dev, infrastructure, and projects.
- Show how BUs are consuming each application, along with the associated costs.