The 10th annual AWS re:Invent will be held from November 29-December 3 across multiple venues in Las Vegas. Last year’s virtual-only event felt—like everything else in 2020—a little different. But re:Invent returns in 2021 as an in-person event with a virtual option running simultaneously.
The entire AWS re:Invent 2021 conference session catalog and schedule are not yet available, but expect the traditional variety of session topics, tracks, and certifications. Keynote speakers include AWS CEO Adam Selipsky and AWS CTO Werner Vogels.
Dive into cloud financial management principles at AWS re:Invent
Eugene Khvostov, Apptio vice president of product and engineering, will lead the speaking session “Developing Your FinOps Practice to Make the Most of Your AWS Cloud Spend.” Eugene will be joined by:
- Ashley Hromatko, Pearson senior FinOps manager
- Jennifer Hays, Fidelity Investments head of engineering efficiency & assurance and FinOps Foundation Governance Board chairperson
“Developing Your FinOps Practice to Make the Most of Your AWS Cloud Spend” will dive into cloud financial management principles and share best practices for building and maturing a FinOps team. Supported by insights from the FinOps Foundation’s State of FinOps Report 2021, this session will reveal the real-world challenges of building a practice and gaining executive sponsorship.
In this session, you will:
- Understand the FinOps principles and stages with an expert point of view from the FinOps Foundation.
- Hear straight from AWS customers about how organizations are maturing their FinOps practice to scale their public cloud environments to drive business outcomes.
- Understand how Apptio Cloudability supports FinOps principles to tackle cloud waste and automate processes to drive best practices, providing the foundation your team needs to drive business outcomes and maximize the ROI of your AWS program.
Our expert panel from the FinOps Foundation and Apptio have helped hundreds of customers and members across the globe tackle cloud financial management challenges.
Stay tuned to this space for more Apptio updates on AWS re:Invent 2021. We are excited for the event and hope to see you there!