A few weeks into 2021, and everyone is eager to lean into the promise of positive things to come with the brand new year. That makes this the perfect time to reflect on the banner year Apptio had in 2020, with many awards and recognition for our cloud achievements.
Twice named as a cloud leader
While we earned kudos from a variety of sources, hands down, the most exciting was Apptio’s recognition by Forrester as a leader in its report, The Forrester Wave: Cloud Cost Management and Optimization, Q4 2020. Being named by Forrester as a cloud cost management leader is exciting because it marks Apptio’s progress from previous recognition as a “contender”. We look forward this year to wowing Forrester analysts once again with our cloud achievements.
Highlighting our role in solving the Kubernetes cost allocation challenge, Apptio was also named a leader in the Amalgam Insights report, Market Landscape: Top Vendors for Kubernetes Cost Management. We earned this recognition from Amalgam Insights thanks to our new integrated Kubernetes financial management capabilities. Helping customers with Kubernetes cost allocation is important work, and we look forward this year to continuing our leadership in this space.
Kudos in machine learning (ML) innovations
Last year we earned a win from the Computing AI & ML Awards, which recognize the best companies, individuals, and projects in the artificial intelligence space. The category we won was “Best Cloud or Networking Automation Tool” – an area that covers products or services that ease the burden of cloud or network management.
Apptio was described as the category winner because, “With the recent increase and demand for home working we are all beginning to recognize just how important network performance is both in terms of latency and bandwidth. [Apptio] applies a novel approach to using ML to optimize these factors at a couple of orders of magnitude. An important innovation.”
A Cloud Awards win and prime spots on SaaS shortlists
Cloud Awards Win and Prime Spots on SaaS Shortlists
We’re excited to win an important category under Cloud Awards. Additionally, we made the shortlist for two SaaS Awards categories, as well as one other category for Cloud Awards.
The Cloud Awards is an international program that recognizes and honors industry leaders, innovators, and organizational transformation in cloud computing. It aims to find and celebrate the pioneers who will shape the future of the cloud as we move into 2021 and beyond. Apptio Cloudability was named a winner in the following category:
- “Cloud Management Solution of the Year” – Companies considered for this category offer a cloud management solution that optimizes cloud infrastructure.
The lead Cloud Awards judge said about the winners, “Cloud technologies make a good platform for turning around urgent applications rapidly and at scale. This was clearly evidenced in the range of innovative technological responses to the pandemic we have seen.”
Hundreds of organizations entered the Cloud Awards, with entries coming from across the globe, covering the Americas, Australia, Europe, and the Middle East. This is a great testament to our Apptio Cloudability solution and the value it brings to our customers.
Meanwhile, we also clinched a spot on the Cloud Awards shortlist for:
- “Most Innovative Use of Data in the Cloud” – Companies considered for this category offer a solution or approach that has solves structured or unstructured data problems with the use of cloud-based technologies.
The two categories for the SaaS Awards – which celebrate SaaS solutions across public clouds – where we also made the final cut included:
- “Best SaaS for Business Management” – Companies considered for this category offer the most innovative solutions for account general business management needs and processes, such as ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)/NRP (Network Resource Planner).
- “Best SaaS Product for Healthcare” – Companies considered for this category offer the most innovative SaaS solutions for the healthcare industry.
Computing Cloud Excellence Awards
Lastly, in 2020 we were thrilled to make the shortlist for the Cloud Excellence Awards, which recognize the best of the UK’s cloud industry. The category where we made the final cut was:
- “Best Cloud Finance Solution” – Companies considered for this category offer a solution that enables over-stretched resources teams to access the data they need while providing the ability to scale workloads, centralize data from multiple sources, and establish an audit trail.
It’s exciting to look back on last year’s cloud achievements. Here’s to a new year and more cloud innovations!