- Demonstrate command by quickly answering questions about cost and business use
- Communicate value by showing costs in terms of business applications and services
- Change the conversation from justifying costs to value choices the business can make
You are here
Every day, Apptio empowers IT leaders
The TBM Council Awards recognizes outstanding IT leaders and teams who've transformed their organizations to manage their business, not just their technology.
How AOL Uses Data to Lead a Transformation to Cloud
Meet James LaPlaine and Emily Rittenhouse.
- Supported 127% business transaction growth while reducing costs 23%
- Reduced carbon footprint 35% by retiring 14,000 physical assets
- Built trust with the CFO, became CIO
How Cox Plans and Optimizes Technology Across Companies with a Standard Cost Model
Meet Lisa Stalter, Mark Satterfield, Ed Smith and Hollie Potts.
- Moved 60% of back-office workloads to public cloud
- Rationalized 150 contingent labor contracts to 5 key partners
- Integrated acquired company’s tech costs in 3 days
- Engages BUs to incorporate planned run costs into their project proposals
How Fannie Mae Merges IT and Business Operations Data to Target Investment
Meet Gboyega Adebayo, Sheenal Patel and Mina Han.
- Retired orphaned infrastructure
- Re-configured teams and tasks in business operations
- Shows BU partners how their IT investments drive core business capabilities
How Nomura’s Global Cost Model Shapes Business Demand
Meet Carter Quigley.
- Reduced physical servers by 35% by showing BUs physical vs virtual costs
- Business decisions to insource versus outsource applications
- Models buy-vs-build costs, now Trading asks IT for investment advice
How Freddie Mac IT Used Data to Change the Dynamic with the Business
Meet Stacy Shifflett and Kevin Brown.
- BU gave up storage allocated to its apps after seeing cost of unused capacity
- BU used TBM cost data to build case for innovation in market-facing service
- Led business partners from darkness into the light
From Inputs to Outputs: How Swedish Match IT Increased Discretionary Spend 20-Fold
How LyondellBasell Keeps IT Costs Flat While Meeting More Business Demand
Meet Joe May, Peggy Cantu and Samir Banker.
- Collaborated with BUs to decommission 120 (mostly manufacturing) apps
- Targeted 170 more apps for migration to other solutions
- “IT guy” embraces financials, shifts BU conversation from cost to value