Apptio Responds to Global Crisis Brought on by COVID-19
March 13, 2020
To our valued global customers,
As a part of our ongoing efforts to maintain a safe environment for our customers, partners and employees, we are keeping a close pulse on all COVID-19 developments.
Apptio is taking proactive measures to ensure that we are able to continue to serve our customers and partners effectively, and we do not anticipate any impact on our ability to provide the solutions and support you trust us to deliver. We understand how challenging these times are for everyone. We are committed to working hard to provide the best innovation in our products and services to ensure our customers’ success.
First and foremost, we are continually monitoring updates and official guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as state and local authorities. In addition, we have a robust business continuity plan that we regularly review, update and test based on industry practices.
- Business Continuity Plan & Response – We use a combination of Apptio-owned and controlled infrastructures hosted in third-party co-location data centers, as well as public cloud data center to offer redundant and highly available infrastructures. In addition to the co-located data centers, we have corporate facilities that are geographically separate.
- Remote Working – All of our employees have been equipped with the tools and technology to conduct meetings virtually and work from home in order to manage risk and ensure we are able to serve all customers and partners effectively.
- Business Travel & Meetings – We have restricted all non-critical business travel and have asked employees to host any partner or customer meetings virtually when possible. In addition, we have recommended that employees work from home as necessary. If an employee has recently returned from an area where travel notices have been issued or if they suspect any exposure to the virus or are not feeling well, we have mandated that they self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days in adherence with current regulations. All employee onboarding and in-person interviews have been converted to virtual meetings.
- Other Precautions – Any employee with possible exposure to COVID-19 has been asked to self-quarantine themselves for a minimum of 14 days. For employees based in hard hit areas, we have recommended that they work from home until further notice. In addition, we have arranged for increased office cleanings in all Apptio offices around the globe and we are staying in close communication with our global offices to regularly share updates and best practices to minimize the spread of the virus.
Our executive team meets on this issue frequently and will update based on guidance from global, national and local authorities. We will continue to monitor and adjust as we learn more and will keep you updated as the situation evolves.
We are here for you to help in any way possible. Please reach out to your customer success teams with any questions.
Thank you for entrusting us with your business.
Chief Customer Officer
Table of Contents
How we're helping businesses react and adjust
Resources to help you manage through the crisis
- Gartner Report: 8 Actions CIOs Must Take During COVID-19 for Financial Survival
- eBook: Optimizing Cloud Infrastructure Costs During Uncertain Times
- Webinar Recording: Managing Disruption: Re-Forecasting and Optimizing IT Costs During Economic Uncertainty
- Guide: Deliver IT Cost Savings with a Purpose-built ITFM Solution
- Blog: Meeting Cost-Cutting Mandates With a Purpose-Built ITFM Solution
- Blog: How Rightsizing Your Cloud Infrastructure Can Unveil Hidden Savings
- Blog: Navigating Economic Uncertainty in 2020: Cutting Cloud Costs
- Blog: Navigating Economic Uncertainty in 2020: Cutting IT Costs
- Blog: How TBM Enables Accelerated Decision-making When it’s Needed the Most
Apptio Continuity of Business
Apptio has a robust business continuity plan that we regularly review, update and test based on industry practices.
How we're supporting our customers
We identified the 10 most compelling real-world cost reduction examples from across our customer base and re-created them in our demo environments. Check out this webinar where we showed our customers how they too can realize similar results:
- Accelerate planning cycles by 75%
- Build alternative plans in minutes, not months
- Shift from quarterly forecasts to continuous forecasting
- Identify 10-15% of discretionary spend in the budget
- Reduce cloud costs 25%-30%
- Rationalize vendors / contracts
- Identify impact to delay projects
- Analyze remote work costs
- Measure business consumption
- Answer ad-hoc questions about IT costs 95% faster
How we're supporting our communities
With 19 offices worldwide, Apptio has seen and experienced the impact that COVID-19 has made around the world and in our local communities.
In Bellevue Washington, the location of Apptio’s HQ, Apptio CEO Sunny Gupta joined longtime supporters of Apptio and other Seattle technology leaders such as Raj Singh, Jeff Bezos, Satya Nadella, Rich Barton and many others to co-fund the coalition “All in Seattle”. The goal of All in Seattle is to ensure people in the Seattle community have the support they need to make it through this difficult time. The group has worked to identify organizations with minimal overhead who are on the ground now, providing food & shelter support and helping the small businesses that were already operating close to the edge, and now are losing much of their revenue.
In addition, Apptio has provided all employees in each Apptio region with a list of local organizations that are on the ground providing support that could use food, clothing or financial donations if they feel inclined to contribute.
Apptio has also created the ApptioCares program, a global program that gives each Apptio employee 16 hours to participate in the volunteerism of their choice.
How we're supporting our employees
At Apptio, the health and safety of our employees is paramount. As a global company operating in a fluid and uncertain landscape about the near- and long-term impacts of COVID-19, we are continually monitoring the situation and reviewing and adjusting based on guidance from global, national, state and local authorities. We have taken special measures to mitigate the spread of the virus while preserving and maintaining the enterprise-grade reliability in our company.
We have been closely monitoring developments around COVID-19 and have put protocols in place in adherence with U.S. State Department, CDC and World Health Organization guidelines, including restricting all non-business critical travel, mandating employees to self-quarantine themselves if they have recently returned from areas where travel notices have been issued, requiring employees to work from home, converting employee onboarding and in-person interviews to virtual, asking employees to host any partner or customer meetings virtually when possible and increasing office cleanings.
In addition, we have reviewed and updated processes and procedures to maintain a strong dialogue with our employees using extensive communication and collaboration platforms. Our executive team meets on this issue frequently and continues to update our protocols based on guidance from global, national, state and local authorities.